Aminbhai B. Keshvani ( A. B. Keshvani )
B.Com, LLB Advocate, Ex- Judicial Magistrate, Ahmedabad
People who worked with him says they got attracted by his magnetic personality which reflects his intelligence, his kindness, his humbleness & most importantly his purity of soul. I feel proud to be a son of such a magnificent personality, yes I proudly say that, Hey look, he was my dad. He has served judiciary for a decade & legal system for 35 years & helped many junior advocates, clients & sometimes needy unknown people in their critical time & that’s what he taught me during last 32 years.
11th December, 2012 – It’s the first time in my life of 32 years when I witnessed Or should I say experienced that how it feels when you witness the experience of “Death”. Believe me; it changes your attitude towards life. It shakes you totally & makes you still stand with no idea, no thoughts in mind. I was seating outside ICU praying to GOD for dad & its 6.30 am in the morning, I was shaking literally when security guard announced my name – I knew its alarm, something happened and I have been called inside ICU. I entered & saw my dad for the last time. Can’t express how it feels but I was shaking. But, you know what, Dad was sleeping very calmly seems like saying to me “hey, I will be with you so don’t worry” – And yes, even after 2 months, I feel the same. He is with me & he will be with me spiritually, emotionally, in my thoughts, in my heart.
In last 6 months, our lives have changed. To-day it still feels like a bad dream we have seen but cannot deny the fact at the same time. But, I have some satisfaction or I say some reason which I feel helping me to cop up with this situation. I say to myself that,
- I am fortunate as I did my best to help my dad during his difficult times & thank GOD for allowing me to be his support & to earn this moral satisfaction that I did my best.
- I am fortunate that I am still doing my best to support my family, able to fulfill the responsibility with the best I can.
- I am fortunate that, I learned the lessons of life from this & now my attitude towards life is changed to 360 degrees.
Oh, but what about my father, well, I feel he was lucky as,
- He never witnessed OLD AGE Crisis,
- He stayed strong & by grace of GOD escaped from those pains which a normal patient might felt in such decease.
- He enjoyed his life with the best of how he can.
- We enjoyed beautiful last 90 days where we laugh a lot; we spend good quality & quantity time together
I cannot express his life span of 58 years in 58 lines so I thought, let me share it as I remember it in short events.
One key quality which I learned from my dad in those 90 days is Appreciate people for what they are doing. During those last 90 days, I observed that, he keep appreciating all family members for giving support. I wonder how he managed this presence of mind during this critical period. Even in hospital, he kept saying that, we are supporting him & he appreciates that & that’s what inspire me the most. Recognition of your work is what matters to an individual be it employment, be it relationship, be it society. Dad knows this best & wanted me to learn to value & appreciate people in my life.
During last 6 months I have realized 4 things,
- Sometimes too much knowledge becomes your enemy, especially when you know that you cannot do anything about it but just become a witness. It’s better to not know about this fact.
- Humanity is still alive, there are people who are unknown to you but still they help you in difficult times in the name of humanity.
- Everything happens for a reason & if you see a positive sign then you can decrease your pain to a great extent. I am glad that my father lived a Young life & he died young. He escaped the tough phase of “Old age” & “helplessness”
- With every incident in your life, God shows you the truth that, One day you have to return. So, be prepared. Be humble, practice ethics of humanity & try to be a reason of SMILE for LIFE.
Dad, I still miss you & I miss you a lot when I see my other friends with their father or someone talks about his/her dad but I know you will always be there with me, in my thoughts, in my prayers & in my heart. I am one of the fortunate sons who got the opportunity to be with his father & I am glad that we spent good quality time together.
I am proud of you Dad & You were one of the best dad in the world. Love you always :)
Note: I was not much involved in professional career of my dad, so didn’t witnessed his small small act of kindness to share but if you are reading this, & if you know or want to share any such incident to pay respect to him, feel free to share it in the comments section. I would be highly obliged for the same.